Tour the Farmstead and meet the alpacas! The Gourmet Luncheon Farm Experience options:
- Point-t0-point explanation of what the judges look for in the show ring
- Observe or participate in alpaca care. Those comfortable will learn to halter and lead our alpacas for weight checks and halter training.
- Alpaca Birthing 101: A slideshow presentation of a birth and discussion of primary care we provide to mom and baby. We have babies expected every spring and fall. The chances are good that you will see a cria (an alpaca baby) frolicking in the pastures
- Spinning demonstration: See a demonstration of spinning alpaca fiber into yarn on a spinning wheel. Alpaca roving is treasured in the resurging craft of hand spinning.
- Visit The Last Stall, our farm store, to see more fiber, roving, yarn, and finished products. Shopping is allowed!
- Stroll the gardens, relax in the gazebo overlooking the waterlily pond. We share perennials if available in season.
- Yard games such as croquet, washers, or horseshoes, can be arranged.
- The above package with a gourmet luncheon
Groups of up to 12 people: $35 each
Groups of more than 12: $30 each
Customize your package with the addition of activities such as:
Learn Needle Felting ($15 per person, including needle felt kit and hands-on instruction, limited to 7 -10 people)
Pumpkin Carving for the young and young at heart ($12.50 includes take-home pumpkin to carve and expert carving assistance)
Early Evening Hay Rack Ride ($50 set-up fee + $5 per rider; 12-rider minimum)
Campfire Event and Music (varies by meal and entertainment) Evening meal can be catered tailored to your taste. The music can vary from folk singing to jug band to rock and roll. (Early reservation advised to schedule performers.)